Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Prelude to a Dream

Well folks, it's been pretty tough to concentrate on anything Twins-related these past few days. We're in the midst of history: before tonight's 4-2 Boston win in Game 6 of the ALCS, no team in the history of baseball had ever forced a Game 7 after falling behind three games to none in a series. I repeat: this has never happened before! To put this into perspective, consider this: since postseason play began back in 1903, there have been a total of 127 seven-game postseason series played (93 World Series and 34 seven-game LCS). This also takes into account that baseball had a 9-game World Series in 1903, 1905, 1919, 1920, and 1921. It also accounts for the lack of a postseason in 1904 and 1994, as well as the five-game ALCS and NLCS played from 1981-1984. I don't know what's more amazing, the fact that the Red Sox were able to accomplish this feat or the fact that it had never happened before in 127 chances! However, they haven't won anything yet. This could easily be all for naught if Derek Lowe can't keep the Yankees at least somewhat in check tonight. I don't know about you, but I'm going to be glued to my TV tonight!

Another reason today's abbreviated post is entitled "Prelude" has to do with what's on tap for tomorrow. I have a very entertaining post all written out for tomorrow night that I hope many people will enjoy. It isn't technically Twins-related, but rather the next best thing: Yankee-bashing. If that topic's not a winner, I don't know what is! Be sure and check out Twins Chatter tomorrow (or sometime after tonight's game). I don't think you'll be disappointed.

-Ryan M.
twinsfan21@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment